Azure RemoteApp helps you to take advantage of cloud’s agility and provides you a cost effective platform to deliver your Windows apps from the cloud. You can meet the dynamic needs of your business without getting overwhelmed by expensive costs on-premises.
With our flexible pricing structure, if your users use less, you will pay less. You can also choose to pay for unlimited pricing when it makes sense to your business. With the ability to add and remove users at any time, you just subscribe, without committing to expensive infrastructure costs.
For a limited time, qualifying Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS) customers can get up to 40% off Azure RemoteApp and qualifying RDS software assurance customers can get ARA for as low as $2 per user per month. According to our total cost of ownership tool, the offer can provide up to 75% savings compared to RDS deployments on-premises.
Azure Government is available to US government entities to purchase physically and network isolated instance of Azure Government from a Licensed Azure Government Service Provider or Partner with no upfront financial commitment or fee. Or, you can sign up for a free Azure Government trial.
Important: The price in R$ is merely a reference; this is an int'l transaction and the final price is subject to exchange rates and the inclusion of IOF taxes and an eNF will not be issued.
Azure Germany is available to customers and partners doing business in the European Union (EU) and European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and United Kingdom (UK) and provides data residency in Germany with additional levels of control and data protection. You can also sign up for a free Azure Germany trial.
RemoteApp is not available in the Central India region. Please select another region.
RemoteApp is not available in the West India region. Please select another region.
RemoteApp is not available in the South India region. Please select another region.
RemoteApp is not available in the Canada East region. Please select another region.
RemoteApp is not available in the Canada Central region. Please select another region.
RemoteApp is not available in the Germany Central region. Please select another region.
RemoteApp is not available in the Germany Northeast region. Please select another region.
RemoteApp is not available in the UK West region. Please select another region.
RemoteApp is not available in the UK South region. Please select another region.
RemoteApp is not available in the Korea Central region. Please select another region.
RemoteApp is not available in the Korea South region. Please select another region.
RemoteApp is not available in the West US 2 region. Please select another region.
RemoteApp is not available in the West Central US region. Please select another region.
|Target user||Task worker||Information worker||Information worker||Designer/Engineer|
|Example applications||Lightweight LOB applications (e.g. data entry, expense reporting)||Productivity apps (e.g. Office, SAP, Dynamics)||Productivity apps with large data files (e.g. Excel with macros)||Design or heavy-compute apps (e.g. Matlab)|
|Storage (user)||50 GB||50 GB||50 GB||50 GB|
|Starting price (user/month)||$-||$-||$-||$-|
|Hours included in starting price (month)||40||40||40||40|
|Hourly overage rate||$-||$-||$-||$-|
|Price for unlimited usage, per user/month*||$-||$-||$-||$-|
- Up to 80% off Azure RemoteApp Basic and Standard with qualifying RDS per user software assurance (available through September 30, 2016).
- Contact your Microsoft representative for more information on additional discounts.
How does pricing work?
- The Azure RemoteApp tiers are priced per user, billed monthly.
- There are two options for pricing:
- Starting pricing with 40 hours included:
This pricing plan includes 40 hours of service per user at the starting price levels. For example, you can get started with Azure RemoteApp for as low as $- per user per month for Basic. After 40 hours of usage, a per-hour charge is applied until 80 hours when unlimited usage applies for a flat rate of $-. After 80 hours that month, no additional charges apply and the price is capped at a maximum. To learn more about this pricing model, watch Azure RemoteApp pricing plans video.
- Unlimited per user per month plan:
This unlimited per user per month plans for each tier provides a more cost effective approach to buying high usage on a per user basis. Pay one price per user per plan tier that allows unlimited usage per user per month.
- Starting pricing with 40 hours included:
- Please contact your Microsoft representative to learn more about Azure RemoteApp.
Support & SLA
- Billing and subscription management support is provided at no cost.
- Technical support is available through various Azure support plans.
- Service Level Agreement (SLA): Upon general availability, Azure RemoteApp guarantees a 99.9% monthly availability. Availability is calculated over a monthly billing cycle. To learn more about our SLA, please visit the SLA page.
- What is included in the above listed monthly prices?
The prices listed above are for each user accessing one App Collection. The prices include all associated charges required for the user to access the App Collection i.e. compute, ingress/egress and 50 GB storage per user.
- What is an App Collection?
An App Collection is a RemoteApp template image that contains the applications or programs shared by a set of users. Several applications can be added into a single App Collection.
- Can I create more than one App Collection? Can a set of users access more than one App Collection?
Yes, you can create up to five App Collections per customer. Please contact Azure support if you need to create more than five App Collections.
- Is there a minimum user requirement for creating an App Collection?
For Basic and Standard tiers, there is minimum requirement of 20 users for each App Collection. For Premium and Premium Plus, the minimum requirement is 5 users for each App Collection. If you have fewer users than the minimum requirement, you would still be billed the minimum number of users required for that SKU.
- Do I also need an RDS license to access this service?
No additional licenses are required to use Azure RemoteApp service.
- How can I use Microsoft Office365 ProPlus on Azure RemoteApp?
If you are an existing Office 365 ProPlus customer, you are allowed to use one of your installs on Azure RemoteApp at no extra cost.
- If a user is provisioned on Azure RemoteApp for a partial month, will I be charged for a whole month?
No. Azure RemoteApp billing is pro-rated daily.
- Can I cancel a subscription?
Yes. You can cancel a user’s subscription from Azure RemoteApp Management Portal.
- If I buy Azure RemoteApp Basic, can I upgrade to Standard?
Yes, you can upgrade to Standard at any time.
- What versions of Windows Server are supported by Azure RemoteApp?
Windows Server 2012 R2 is supported.
- Can I customize my Azure RemoteApp deployment with my own applications?
Yes, you have the option to customize your Windows Server 2012 R2 image by creating your own template image and uploading into Microsoft Azure classic portal. Please note that you are responsible for complying with use rights of the applications that you bring onto the Azure RemoteApp service.
- Can I use Azure RemoteApp to host my line of business apps?
Yes, you can host any line of business app that runs on Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Which devices and/or operating systems are supported by Azure RemoteApp access?
You can download the Microsoft Azure RemoteApp client for Windows, Windows Phone, iOS, Mac OS X and Android devices to access Azure RemoteApp. To download, please visit https://www.remoteapp.windowsazure.com/ from your accessing device and click on the Install Client button.
- Can I use App-V to run an application in an Azure RemoteApp App Collection?
Yes, your Azure RemoteApp subscription includes the rights to use App-V within Azure RemoteApp. You can install the App-V serialized package on the template image for an application on the template image and run the virtualized app in Azure RemoteApp.
- Can I try this service?
Yes, there is a free trial available for 30 days after which you can transition to paid or, discontinue using the service. You can start using the trial by navigating to manage.windowsazure.com and creating a new instance of RemoteApp. The 30 day free trial includes a limit of two app Collections and 10 users. Please contact Azure support if you require greater scale for your trial.