Migration and modernization for Oracle workloads
Drive innovation by migrating your Oracle database and enterprise applications to Azure and modernizing with Azure services.
Accelerate cloud adoption with Microsoft and Oracle
Refresh your Oracle workloads with enhanced flexibility, scale, and innovation by migrating to Azure. Run your Oracle database and applications on the Oracle-authorized cloud environment in Azure and support high-performing apps by modernizing with fully managed cloud-native databases.
Turn to the proven, scalable platform for the world's leading brands
- Move workloads to an Oracle-authorized cloud environment in Azure and continue using Oracle components such as Data Guard.
- Rightsize workloads and pay only for what you use.
- Scale easily with the help of more than 60 Azure regions connected by a private global network and optimize performance with virtual machines with up to 416 vCPU.
- Maintain business continuity with high availability guarantees on infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) services.
Improve customer experiences and decision making
Modernize with fully managed cloud databases:
- Choose Azure Database for PostgreSQL and Azure SQL Database to run your high-performance, data-driven apps.
- Choose Azure Cosmos DB to support rich personalized experiences, tapping its ability to handle complex, unstructured data.
- Combine data from across your estate and for new insight with built-in AI and machine learning services.
- Develop apps using the languages, tools, and platforms of your choice, including Java.
Secure your workloads with a multilayered security platform
- Microsoft invests more than $1 billion annually in cybersecurity research and development and employs more than 3,500 security experts who are dedicated to data security and privacy.
- Stay compliant with more certifications than any other cloud provider.
- Add powerful tools for unified security management and intelligent threat detection across hybrid and cloud workloads and AI-driven security information event management (SIEM).
Gain new efficiencies through interoperation of products and services across the Microsoft Cloud
- Build on your existing Microsoft investments and skillsets with a trusted partner.
- Enable self-service activities using Microsoft Teams.
- Build chatbots and support business users who want to automate routine tasks with the low-code Microsoft Power Platform.
- Delight and inform business users with self-service business intelligence.
Add value to your Oracle workloads by moving Oracle databases and apps to Azure. Microsoft and Oracle are trusted partners who have supported shared customers for decades
Read about our expanded partnership to understand how you might benefit.
Choose your path to migration and modernization
Migrate to Azure infrastructure as a service
For a fast datacenter exit, migrate to Oracle-authorized Azure infrastructure and rightsize and retain your customizations.
Modernize apps and databases on your terms
Modernize with an Azure database. Modernize apps with Azure developer tools.
Run mission-critical Oracle databases in Azure
Coming soon! Run Oracle Database@Azure on Oracle infrastructure in Azure datacenters.
Advance your cloud adoption strategy
Resources and documentation
Best practices for moving Oracle workloads to Azure
Watch this webinar to learn how to advance your cloud adoption strategy with best practices, cost-saving strategies, and resources. Get L300 guidance on assessment, schema conversion, and data movement, and hear migration success stories.
Customers are migrating and modernizing Oracle workloads on Azure
Frequently asked questions
Yes. Azure provides a range of options for running Oracle workloads.
Azure tools help you rightsize for the workload and you pay only for what you use. Review Oracle licensing policies and requirements and these options:
- Bring your own license (BYOL) and take advantage of Azure Hybrid Benefit to save on licensing costs. Azure supports Oracle's traditional on-premises licensing models, including Processor-based and Named User Plus (NUP) licensing.
- License mobility: If you have active Software Assurance on your Oracle licenses, you may be able to take advantage of license mobility to move your existing licenses to Azure. This can help you save on licensing costs, as you can use your existing licenses in the cloud without having to purchase additional licenses.
- Dedicated Hosts: If you are using Azure Dedicated Hosts to run your Oracle workloads, you will need to make sure that you have enough licenses to cover all the processors on the host. You may also need to provide Oracle with a dedicated host report to prove that you are properly licensed.
Here are a few reasons to consider modernizing:
- Cost savings: Azure SQL eliminates the need for expensive hardware and software licensing compared to on-premises. Azure also offers pay-as-you-go pricing models, which means you only pay for what you use.
- Improved scalability: Azure SQL can scale up or down easily to meet changing business needs, allowing you to add or remove resources as required. This can help you avoid overprovisioning and reduce costs.
- Better security: Azure SQL includes built-in security features such as advanced threat protection, encryption, and access control, which can help you keep your data and applications secure.
- Higher availability: Azure SQL provides high availability options, such as automatic failover and replication, which can help you minimize downtime and ensure business continuity.
- Seamless integration with other Azure services: Azure SQL integrates seamlessly with other Azure services, such as Azure Machine Learning and Azure Data Factory, enabling you to build end-to-end data solutions easily.
Simplified management: Azure SQL is a fully managed service, which means that Microsoft takes care of patching, backups, and other routine maintenance tasks. This can help you reduce the burden on your IT staff and free up resources for other projects.