Govern, protect, and manage your data estate
Understand and govern data across your entire data estate
Microsoft Purview provides a unified data governance solution to help manage and govern your on-premises, multicloud, and software as a service (SaaS) data. Easily create a holistic, up-to-date map of your data landscape with automated data discovery, sensitive data classification, and end-to-end data lineage. Enable data consumers to access valuable, trustworthy data management.
Unified map of your data assets and their relationships for more effective data governance
Glossary with business and technical search terms to aid data discovery
Insights into the management of sensitive data across your entire data estate
In-place data sharing in near real time and easy provisioning of data access
Create a unified map of data across your entire data estate
Establish the foundation for effective data governance and usage with Microsoft Purview Data Map.
- Automate and manage metadata from hybrid sources.
- Classify data using built-in and custom classifiers and Microsoft Information Protection sensitivity labels.
- Label sensitive data consistently across SQL Server, Azure, Microsoft 365, and Power BI.
- Easily integrate all your data catalogs and systems using Apache Atlas APIs.
Make data easily discoverable
Maximize the business value of data management for your data consumers with Microsoft Purview Data Catalog.
- Make data easily discoverable by using familiar business and technical search terms.
- Eliminate the need for Excel data dictionaries with an enterprise-grade business glossary.
- Understand the origin of your data with interactive data lineage visualization.
- Provide data scientists, engineers, and analysts with the data they need for BI, analytics, AI, and machine learning.
Get a bird’s-eye view of sensitive data
Gain a comprehensive understanding of your data management activities with Microsoft Purview Data Estate Insights.
- View and manage key health metrics across your hybrid data estate.
- View your whole data estate and its distribution by asset dimensions such as source type, classification, and file size.
- Get status updates on how many scans succeeded, failed, or were canceled.
- Gain key insights to add or redistribute glossary terms for better search results.
Share data without having to make duplications
Share data within or between organizations using Microsoft Purview Data Sharing (in preview).
- Easily share data in place with no data duplication.
- Access shared data in near real time.
- Centrally manage data sharing.
- Get support for Azure Data Lake Storage (ADLS Gen2) and Blob Storage.
Enable access to the right data for the right users
Provision access to data through an intuitive authoring experience with Microsoft Purview Data Policy (in preview).
- Enable data engineers and owners to provision access to data assets.
- Get support for subscriptions, resource groups, Azure Blob Storage, Azure Data Lake (Gen2), Azure SQL DB, and SQL Server 2022.
Comprehensive security and data compliance, built in
Microsoft invests more than USD 1 billion annually on cybersecurity research and development.
We employ more than 3,500 security experts dedicated to data security and privacy.
Azure has more certifications than any other cloud provider. View the comprehensive list.
Pay for only what you use
Microsoft Purview reduces costs in multiple ways. It helps reduce the need for manual and custom data discovery and classification and eliminates costs for maintaining personal systems and Excel-based solutions. Pay for only what you use. Plus, scan SQL Servers and Power BI tenants at no extra cost.
Get started with Microsoft Purview
If you don't have an Azure account, sign up free to get instant access and $200 credit.
Sign in to the Azure portal to create an Microsoft Purview account easily and quickly with this simple quickstart.
Go to the Knowledge Center inside Microsoft Purview to discover videos and tutorials, and to take a tour of key features inside the Microsoft Purview Studio.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Dave Draffin, Azure Cloud and Data Architect, Heathrow Airport
"We've now got technical people and process change people intersecting with our data. It's this crossroad where Microsoft Purview helps our teams solve our biggest data challenges."
Filipe Teixeira, Chief Information Officer, illimity
"We chose Microsoft Purview to help us achieve a higher level of business monitoring and react quickly. With it, we can accelerate how we process data and then make informed decisions as soon as possible."
Thomas Asger Hansen, Senior Manager, Enterprise Data and AI, Grundfos
"With Microsoft Purview, we'll accelerate our ability to track and interpret a wide range of data, which we'll use to create solutions at scale that truly help improve the environment and people's lives."
Microsoft Purview resources and documentation
Get started with learning resources
Join the conversationConnect with the Microsoft Purview tech community
Microsoft Purview updates, blogs, and announcements
Frequently asked questions about Microsoft Purview
Microsoft Purview is a comprehensive set of data management solutions to help you govern, protect, and manage your entire data estate. By bringing together the former Azure Purview and the former Microsoft 365 Compliance portfolio under one brand and over time in a more unified platform, Microsoft Purview helps you understand and govern the data across your estate, safeguard that data wherever it lives, and improve your risk and compliance posture in a much simpler way than traditional solutions on the market today.
Please see the pricing page for additional details about the costs for Microsoft Purview.