SAP on the Microsoft Cloud
Extend your SAP applications and innovate in the cloud trusted by SAP.
New: Speed work inside apps you use every day
Microsoft and SAP have teamed up to deliver a collaborative cloud experience that helps you combine mission-critical data and make better decisions, working together in the cloud with your SAP systems, Microsoft Teams, and Outlook.
- Break down silos and combine SAP and non-SAP data for predictive analytics.
- Visualize and share data on Microsoft Power BI or analytics platforms including Qlik, Tableau, and SAP Fiori for real-time decision making.
- Speed up time to action and optimize operations.
Enhance productivity and innovation
Get more done:
- Minimize app switching—collaborate on SAP data within Teams and Microsoft productivity apps.
- Integrate SAP systems with Microsoft Power Platform to build low-code apps, add chatbots, and automate error-prone processes.
- Extend SAP systems rapidly using Azure services. Combine Internet of Things (IoT) and edge services with Azure AI and Azure Digital Twins. Enable bidirectional scenarios with event-based architectures.
Build on the leading cloud platform for SAP
Migrate on your terms:
- Choose from more than 60 Azure regions and 128 Azure virtual machines certified for SAP, hosting the world's largest SAP-native and RISE with SAP landscapes.
- Work with the largest dedicated team of SAP cloud architects and engineers.
- Use best-in-class cloud services such as Azure Monitor for SAP solutions (preview) and Azure Backup.
- Enrich your data sources with more than 100 connectors.
- Add AI and machine learning to analyze and act on data from the edge.
Help protect data with unmatched security
Benefit from comprehensive security and compliance:
- Microsoft analyzes 43 trillion signals daily to identify threats, invests more than $1 billion annually in cybersecurity, and employs more than 8,500 security experts.
- Expand confidently with Azure compliance support, including more certifications than any other cloud provider.
- Get seamless identity management and access control with Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) and SAP-specific threat monitoring with Microsoft Sentinel solution for SAP applications.
Choose the cloud SAP customers prefer
- Joint reference architectures, a joint partner ecosystem, and industry-specific guidance help ensure customer success.
- SAP runs more than 40 of its IT landscapes, including the deployment of SAP S/4HANA, on Azure.
- Microsoft runs its SAP systems on Azure and is the first hyperscaler to adopt RISE with SAP internally.
- Azure supports the world's largest enterprise-grade deployments of SAP S/4HANA.
- More than 95 percent of Fortune 500 companies run on Azure.
Map your path to modernization
Boost agility and security with cloud services
Simplify backups, scale quickly, and strengthen your security posture with a level of protection you can't get on premises.
Get better insights by combining SAP and non-SAP data
Use Azure Synapse Analytics to gain fresh perspectives on your critical reports that require SAP and non-SAP data.
Increase productivity and accelerate automation
Empower teams to collaborate and accelerate business process automation by integrating SAP with Teams and Power Platform.
Create and run SAP systems as a unified workload on Azure.
Analyze data, automate processes, and build apps, websites, and virtual agents for your SAP systems.
Protect business-critical data within SAP systems and applications from advanced threats.
Gain end-to-end observability for your applications, infrastructure, and network.
Resources and documentation
SAP on Azure featured content
SAP customers are doing great things with Azure
Talk to an SAP on Azure specialist
Learn about migration best practices, pilot projects, and how to build a business case for migrating to SAP on Azure.
Find an SAP on Azure specialized partner
Get results fast by connecting with a trusted SAP on Azure partner.
Ready when you are
Let's set up your Azure free account.