The India regions are available to customers with a business presence in India.
The India Regions are available to customers with a business presence in India. The West India data center is currently only available to select volume licensing customers and partners. For more information, contact your Microsoft India partner manager or account manager.
Azure Government is available to US government entities to purchase physically and network isolated instance of Azure Government from a Licensed Azure Government Service Provider or Partner with no upfront financial commitment or fee. Or, you can sign up for a free Azure Government trial.
Important: The price in R$ is merely a reference; this is an int'l transaction and the final price is subject to exchange rates and the inclusion of IOF taxes and an eNF will not be issued.
Azure Germany is available to customers and partners in the European Union (EU) and European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and provides data residency in Germany with additional levels of control and data protection with a modest price uplift over global cloud offerings (% varies per service).
Stream Analytics is not available in the South India region. Please select another region.
Stream Analytics is not available in the Canada East region. Please select another region.
Stream Analytics is not available in the Canada Central region. Please select another region.
Stream Analytics is not available in the UK West region. Please select another region.
Stream Analytics is not available in the UK South region. Please select another region.
Stream Analytics is not available in the Korea Central region. Please select another region.
Stream Analytics is not available in the Korea South region. Please select another region.
Stream Analytics is not available in the West US 2 region. Please select another region.
Stream Analytics is not available in the West Central US region. Please select another region.
Azure Stream Analytics is priced by the number of streaming units required to process the data into the service.
Standard Streaming Unit
Support & SLA
- We provide technical support for all Azure services released to General Availability, including Stream Analytics, through Azure Support, starting at $29.0/month. Billing and subscription management support is provided at no cost.
- SLA: We guarantee at least 99.9% availability of the Stream Analytics API. We guarantee that 99.9% of the time, deployed Stream Analytics jobs will be either processing data or available to process data. To learn more about the SLA, please visit the SLA page.
- What is a Standard Streaming Unit?
A Standard Streaming Unit is a blend of compute, memory and throughput.
- How do I set the streaming units that I need?
Streaming units can be selected through the Azure portal or Stream Analytics management APIs.
- How do I choose the appropriate number of streaming units?
The primary factors that impact streaming units needed are query complexity, query latency, and the volume of data processed. Streaming Units can be used to scale out a job in order to achieve higher throughput. Depending on the complexity of the query and the throughput required, more streaming units may be necessary to achieve your application’s performance requirements
- How are streaming units billed?
Streaming units are billed hourly, based on the maximum number of units selected during this hour.
- Is there a limit on the number of streaming units that can be selected?
There is no limit on the number of stream units. While the default quota for streaming units per region for a single subscription is 48, you can request larger number of streaming units by filing a support ticket here.
- Are Azure Event Hubs or Azure IoT Hub required to run a streaming job?
- How is Standard Streaming Unit different from the older model?
- What happens to my existing streaming jobs from the old model?
On February 1, 2017, existing streaming jobs will be migrated without any interruption to the standard streaming model. However, you will continue to pay the same price as you did prior to February 1, 2017 until January 1, 2018 or the expiration date of your current enterprise agreement. Contact us, if you have any questions.