Azure Front Door pricing
Scalable and secure entry point for fast delivery of your global applications
Azure Front Door offers a single secure global entry point for web applications, APIs, content and cloud services. Through a single pane of glass and global infrastructure, Azure Front Door enables Azure customers to securely deliver and manage their global applications and content, migrate to cloud and modern microservice architectures and improve their users’ experience.
Azure Front Door enables you to build secure, high performant, and highly available web applications through global load balancing with fast failover, application acceleration, and web application firewall.
US government entities are eligible to purchase Azure Government services from a licensing solution provider with no upfront financial commitment, or directly through a pay-as-you-go online subscription.
Important—The price in R$ is merely a reference; this is an international transaction and the final price is subject to exchange rates and the inclusion of IOF taxes. An eNF will not be issued.
Azure Germany is available to customers and partners who have already purchased this, doing business in the European Union (EU), the European Free Trade Association (EFTA), and in the United Kingdom (UK). It provides data residency in Germany with additional levels of control and data protection. You can also sign up for a free Azure trial.
Azure Front Door is not available in the Germany Central region. Please select another region.
Azure Front Door is not available in the Germany North region. Please select another region.
Azure Front Door is not available in the Germany Northeast region. Please select another region.
Azure Front Door is not available in the Germany West Central region. Please select another region.
Azure Front Door is not available in the Switzerland North region. Please select another region.
Azure Front Door is not available in the Switzerland West region. Please select another region.
Azure Front Door is not available in the UAE Central region. Please select another region.
Azure Front Door is not available in the UAE North region. Please select another region.
Azure Front Door pricing
Azure Front Door billing is based on the following pricing dimensions:
- Outbound data transfers (i.e., data going out of Front Door POPs to the client)
- Inbound data transfers (i.e., data coming into Front Door POPs from the client)
- Routing Rules (i.e., the number of routes configured for your Front Door). Each route is a distinct combination of http/https protocol, front-end hosts/domains, and path patterns.
|Outbound Data Transfers||Zone 11||Zone 21||Zone 31||Zone 41||Zone 51|
|First 10 TB /Month||$0.17 per GB||$0.25 per GB||$0.5 per GB||$0.28 per GB||$0.34 per GB|
|Next 40 TB (10-50 TB) /Month||$0.15 per GB||$0.22 per GB||$0.426 per GB||$0.24 per GB||$0.29 per GB|
|Next 100 TB (50-150 TB) /Month||$0.13 per GB||$0.19 per GB||$0.36 per GB||$0.2 per GB||$0.245 per GB|
|Over 150 TB /Month||Contact Us||Contact Us||Contact Us||Contact Us||Contact Us|
|Routing Rules||Price per Unit||Pricing Unit|
|First 5 routing rules||$-||Per Hour|
|Per additional routing rule||$-||Per Hour|
|Inbound Data Transfers|
|$- per GB|
Web Application Firewall (WAF) Pricing1
WAF pricing includes monthly fixed charges and request based processing charges. There is a monthly charge for each policy and add-on charges for Custom Rules and Managed Rulesets as configured in the policy.
|Policy Price Per Unit||Pricing Unit|
|Custom Rules||Price per Unit||Pricing Unit|
|Requests Processed||$0.6||Per million requests|
|Managed Ruleset||Price per Unit||Pricing Unit|
|Default Ruleset||$20||Per month|
|Requests Processed||$1||Per million requests|
Support & SLA
- We provide technical support for all Azure services released to General Availability, including Azure Front Door, through Azure support, starting at $29/month. Billing and subscription management support is provided at no cost.
- We guarantee that at least 99.99% of the time Azure Front Door will respond to client requests and deliver the requested content without error. We will review and accept data from any commercially reasonable independent measurement system that you choose to monitor your content. You must select a set of agents from the measurement system’s list of standard agents that are generally available and represent at least five geographically diverse locations in major worldwide metropolitan areas. For more details, see the SLA.
The following geographic areas correspond to the zones for Azure Front Door as listed above.
- Zone 1—North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Zone 2—Asia Pacific (including Japan)
- Zone 3—South America
- Zone 4—Australia
- Zone 5—India
Yes, there is a minimum response size that you will be billed for. For any traffic sent through Front Door, you will be billed for a minimum response size of 2KB which maps to your outbound data transfers. If the response size for a given request is less than 2KB, you will still be billed for 2KB.
Estimate your monthly costs for Azure services
Review Azure pricing frequently asked questions
Learn more about Azure Front Door
Review technical tutorials, videos, and more resources