[This article was contributed by the SQL Azure team.]
At PDC 2010 - SQL Azure Data Sync CTP2 was announced and it has been progressing quite successfully with huge interest, so much so that we are going to continue to process registrations throughout March 2011. For those of you who waiting for access, we appreciate your patience. We'll be releasing CTP3 this summer which will be made available to everyone.
While on the subject of CTP3, here are some of the new features planned:
- A new user interface integrated with the Windows Azure management portal.
- The ability to select a subset of columns to sync as well as to specify a filter so that only a subset of rows are synced.
- The ability to make certain schema changes to the database being synced without having to re-initialize the sync group and re-sync the data.
- Conflict resolution policy can be specified.
- General usability enhancements.
CTP3 will be the last preview, before the final release later this year. We'll announce the release dates on this blog when available.
Click here for the link to the MSDN article