Optimize your Azure costs
Manage your cloud spending and focus on what matters most to your business
Find out about the tools, offers, and guidance designed to help you manage and optimize your Azure costs. Learn how to understand and forecast your bill, optimize workload costs, and control your spending.
7 ways to optimize your Azure costs today
Identify idle virtual machines (VMs), ExpressRoute circuits, and other resources with Azure Advisor. Get recommendations on which resources to shut down, and see how much you would save.
Find underutilized resources with Azure Advisor—and get recommendations on how to reduce your spend by reconfiguring or consolidating them.
Get a discount of up to 72 percent over pay-as-you-go pricing on Azure services when you prepay for a one- or three-year term with reservation pricing.
AWS is five times more expensive than Azure for Windows and SQL Server. Save big when you migrate your on-premises workloads to Azure.
Take advantage of significant rate discounts for your ongoing development and testing—and avoid paying Microsoft software charges on your VMs.
Create and manage budgets for the Azure services you use or subscribe to—and monitor your organization’s cloud spending—with Azure Cost Management.
Optimize your workloads with guidance for building apps and solutions on Azure using best practices and proven patterns.
Explore tools and resources to help you save
Find tools, programs, and best practices to help forecast your cloud-computing costs, optimize your workloads, and control your spending.
Understand and forecast your costs
Cost optimize your workloads
- Follow your Azure Advisor best practice recommendations for cost savings.
- Review your workload architecture for cost optimization using the Azure Architecture Review and the Azure Architecture Framework design guidance.
- Save with Azure offers and licensing terms such as the Azure Hybrid Benefit, paying in advance for predictable workloads with reservations, Azure Spot Virtual Machines, and Azure dev/test pricing.
Cost optimization training
Gain practical skills for saving money on Azure in this free, 1 hour 14 minute Microsoft Learn module, Predict costs and optimize spending for Azure. You’ll learn how to:
- Choose from the different options to purchase Azure services
- Estimate costs using the Azure pricing calculator
- Predict and optimize your cloud costs with Azure Cost Management and Azure Advisor
- Use proven best practices for saving on licensing and infrastructure costs