Continuing our journey to grow Azure Site Recovery (ASR) at scale around the globe, today we are pleased to announce the availability of ASR in Azure Government cloud.
US public sector customers can now use ASR to protect their critical applications running on physical and virtual infrastructure – including Hyper-V and VMware. Some of the top capabilities with ASR in Azure Government Cloud are:
- Heterogeneity: Azure Site Recovery offers one robust solution for comprehensive protection of heterogeneous and hybrid IT environment including VMware, Hyper-V, and physical servers.
- Protect-to and recover-in-Azure: Replicate and failover your on-premises applications to Azure, negating the need to build and manage a second datacenter for recovery.
- N-Tier application consistency: Detect and stage multi-tier applications and restore them as a group, with specified startup ordering and the ability to insert scripts to bypass the need for manual configurations.
- No impact recovery plan testing: Perform periodic DR drills and testing without any impact to the production or recovery virtual machine.
- Attractive pricing: Customers can use Azure Site Recovery to protect their workloads at no charge for 31 days.
- Data security and secure transmission: Data is encrypted when in transit and at rest in Azure.
- Screened personnel: Azure Site Recovery operations and support as part of Azure Government cloud are performed by background screened, U.S. citizen personnel.
- Business continuity: Azure Site Recovery is a highly reliable service and guarantees 99.9% availability as set forth in the ASR SLA.
To get started, request an Azure Government trial. If you already have Azure Government subscription, go ahead and try out Azure Site Recovery.
Please visit the Azure Site Recovery forum on MSDN for additional information and to engage with other customers.