- ENHANCED End-to-End Disaster Recovery and Orchestration with ASR and SCVMM automates the creation and management of all target objects - both storage and compute - to ensure that recovery is guaranteed to work. Protection and Recovery are Virtual Machine and Storage aware, cutting down on manual steps and multiple administrator roles that are traditionally needed in recovering a workload post disaster
- ENHANCED Standards-Based (SMI-S) Storage Discovery, Provisioning, and Replication Management in SCVMM ensures complete integration and the ability to leverage replication capabilities provided by our enterprise storage partners, such as HP, NetApp, EMC, Hitachi, and others. SCVMM will provide comprehensive SAN management capabilities within console
- ENHANCED Synchronous Replication and Workload Recovery within Minutes ensures that with ASR, our customers can achieve the lowest possible RPO and RTO. Capabilities supported by the storage hardware are automatically made available within ASR
- ENHANCED Multi-VM Consistency and Replications Groups enable multiple Virtual Machines to be protected and replicated together, thereby expanding support for n-tier applications that require application tiers to replicate consistently and failover at the same time
- ENHANCED Support for Guest Clusters that depend on shared storage provided by Shared VHDX or a Microsoft iSCSI Target. This important new functionality enables disaster recovery and failover of applications such as SQL Server, SharePoint, SAP etc. that rely on shared storage
Enterprise-Grade Array-Based Replication and Disaster Recovery with ASR and System Center – Now Generally Available!
Today’s GA announcement delivers on a widely requested enhancement from our Enterprise customers – the ability to leverage replication capabilities of existing Storage Area Network (SAN) Arrays to enable high performance synchronous and asynchronous replication across on-premises Hyper-V Sites. With System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM) and Azure Site Recovery, our customers can get seamless end-to-end storage array-based replication and disaster recovery that is optimized to deliver the following key functionality: