Support for the 1.x version of Azure Functions ends 14 September 2026
Published date: September 29, 2023
On 14 September 2026, support for version 1.x of the Azure Functions runtime will end. You'll still be able to use that version beyond that date, but it will no longer be supported or receive software or security updates.
To continue with a supported version, migrate to version 4.x of the Azure Functions runtime, which includes benefits such as:
- Support for additional target framework versions, including .NET Framework 4.8, .NET 6, and .NET 7.
- Ability to work with the latest Azure SDKs.
- Enhanced monitoring options.
- Improved reliability, throughput, and cold-start performance.
To ensure your function apps continue to receive support, migrate to version 4.x of the Azure Functions runtime by 14 September 2026.
Help and support
- For Issue type, select Technical.
- For Subscription, select your subscription.
- For Service, select My services.
- For Service type, select Function App.
- For Resource, select your function app resource.
- For Summary, type a description of your issue.
- For Problem type, select Configuring and Managing Function Apps.
- For Problem subtype, select Updating Function App Language Version.