General availability: Azure Monitor Logs - capabilities to add value and lower costs
Published date: October 12, 2022
Azure Monitor Logs are announcing the general availability of four log analytics capabilities that will help increase cost effectiveness of log data:
- Basic logs - a cost effective solution for high-volume verbose logs. You can now configure high-volume verbose logs tables as basic logs and reduce the cost of storing data that you use for debugging, troubleshooting, and auditing. Read more
- Long-term archiving of logs for security and compliance. Log archival enables extending the retention period of your Log Analytic table and storing your logs in-place for up to seven years with significant price reduction. Read more
You can access the archived logs using a search job or by temporarily restoring a set of logs.
- Search job - a new tool that asynchronously scans petabytes of data and fetches all relevant records into a new persistent Log Analytics table. Read more
- Restore - an operation that makes a specific time range of data in a table available in the hot cache for high-performance queries. Read more
Visit our pricing page to see all pricing details: Pricing - Azure Monitor | Microsoft Azure
- Billing already applies to basic logs ingestion and data archive
- The rest of the features can be used for free until February 1, 2023
*Some APIs will only be available on Nov 1st.