Extending the retirement date for Scheduler to December 31, 2019
Published date: September 23, 2019
In September 2018, we provided 12 months’ notice that Scheduler will be retired as a standalone service on September 30, 2019.
Based on customer feedback and requests, we are offering an extension to the deadline for service retirement. You can find the updated timeline as follows:
· On September 30, 2019 - free SKU Scheduler job collection will be disabled. Existing jobs will stop running but you can continue to retrieve data from them for migration.
· On September 30, 2019 - the ability to create job collections will be disabled from the Azure portal for all SKUs. Existing Standard, P10, and P20 Scheduler resources will continue to run. You will also still be able to manage existing job collections.
· On October 31, 2019 - Scheduler will be removed from the Azure portal. Existing Standard, P10, P20 Scheduler resources will continue to run, and will be accessible via API and SDKs. If you do not wish your job to continue to run after Scheduler is removed from the Azure portal, please disable or delete your job collections before October 31, 2019.
· On December 31, 2019 - Scheduler will be fully retired. All scheduler jobs will stop running and all data will be deleted.
To continue using jobs you’ve configured in Scheduler, please move to Azure Logic Apps as soon as possible. In addition to the Scheduler features you’re already familiar with, Logic Apps enables you to:
· Use a visual designer and connectors to integrate with more than 200 different services, including Azure Blob storage, Azure Service Bus, Microsoft Outlook, and SAP.
· Manage each scheduled workload as a first-class Azure resource.
· Run multiple one-time jobs using a single logic app.
· Set schedules that automatically adjust to daylight saving time.
Move your scheduled jobs to Logic Apps as soon as possible to take advantage of advanced capabilities and avoid any service disruptions.
Read the migration guidance and FAQ to begin transitioning your current jobs from Scheduler to Logic Apps.
If you have questions, please contact us.