Azure Blob Storage on IoT Edge is now generally available
Posted on Thursday, August 8, 2019
Azure Blob Storage on IoT Edge is now generally available on both Windows and Linux. It’s a lightweight, Azure-consistent IoT module that provides local block blob storage and enables you to automatically upload data to Azure from your local block blob storage using deviceToCloudUpload properties. In addition, you can also automatically delete data from your local block blob storage after a specified amount of time or when data is uploaded to Azure successfully using deviceAutoDelete properties.
It’s useful in scenarios:
- Where there’s a lot of data to process. For example, data from industries capturing survey and behavioral data. It’s efficient to process data locally to get low latency access to it.
- When the devices are in a place with limited connectivity.
- When you want to efficiently process data locally to get low latency access to it, such that you can respond to emergencies as quickly as possible.
- When you want to reduce bandwidth costs and avoid transferring terabytes of raw data to the cloud. Process the data locally then send only the processed data to cloud.
Supported computer architectures:
- Windows AMD64
- Linux AMD64
- Linux ARM32
- Linux ARM64 (in preview)
- Azure Blob Storage on IoT Edge: scenarios and concepts
- How to deploy this module
- Available in Azure Marketplace