General availability: Azure API Management updates - May 2021
Published date: May 13, 2021
We started a regular Azure API Management service update on May 5, 2021. It includes the following new features, bug fixes, and other improvements.
- You can now validate the client certificate with the new
<validate-client-certificate>policy. Documentation and support in the Azure portal are coming soon.
- The Visual Studio Code extension now supports policy debugging for self-hosted gateways running locally.
- The Visual Studio Code extension now supports Dapr and validation policies.
- The developer portal now supports resource owner password grant flow.
- The new Ciphers + Protocols page in the Azure portal lets you manage API gateways' cipher and protocol configuration and displays a warning if a weak cipher or protocol is enabled.
- The Locations page in the Azure portal lets you now configure Availability Zones.
- You can now apply validation policies with the visual policy editors in the Azure portal, without writing any policy code.
timeoutattribute of the
send-requestpolicy now supports policy expressions.
Details on all these new features, bug fixes, and other changes can be found here on Github.