VMware Tanzu on Azure
Build, run, and manage modern apps to continuously deliver value to your customers
Build, run, and manage cloud apps on Azure with VMware Tanzu
- Ship great software faster by increasing your velocity with a modern software supply chain of frameworks, services, and validated open source tech.
- Simplify hybrid cloud operations to run modern apps and centrally manage your apps, clouds, and clusters.
- Transform Dev and Ops together by uniting application developers and operations teams around the shared goal of fast release cycles.
Accelerated development of cloud-native apps
Simplified operations and higher developer productivity
Optimization for apps within your Azure infrastructure
Increased security on Azure
Speed development and delivery of containerized workloads
Get all of the core elements you need to build better apps, including full support for the Spring Framework. Build custom apps with VMware Tanzu on Azure that are automatically packaged with dependencies, containerized, and maintained—and automatically build a stream of images for continuous delivery. And when you need base runtimes or preset components, just grab them from a curated catalog.
Secure the container lifecycle
Make security an integrated part of your end-to-end software supply chain by tracking the provenance of app source code and automatically applying governance policies through a declarative build process. Store your images in a private registry—encrypted and continuously delivered to your Kubernetes clusters across clouds.
Boost security with a curated catalog of base runtimes and preset components that’s always up to date, and a service mesh that helps ensure resilient, highly secure connectivity across the entire lifecycle.
Simplify container and cluster operations across environments
Streamline management of Kubernetes at scale: as your container count and Kubernetes footprint grow, manage them all from one central control plane.
Apply consistent policies to clusters, including cluster groups spanning multiple clouds. Unify management, policy control, and visibility into service connectivity between containerized workloads. Also, get visibility into the health and performance of clusters across hybrid cloud environments.
Get seamless enterprise support
Take advantage of integrated Microsoft and VMware support, workflows, and engineering:
- Worldwide, all-day support featuring CPI and service brokers.
- Integrated Microsoft and VMware Tanzu support workflows for technical cases.
- Ongoing readiness to increase support acumen and capacity.
- Automated Ticket Exchange.
- VMware Tanzu Application Service support within the Azure portal.
VMware Tanzu on Azure reference architecture
Learn how the VMware Tanzu and Azure integration works across every stage of the app development, delivery, operation, and management cycle.
Getting started with VMware Tanzu on Azure
Documentation, training, and resources
Companies of all sizes build cloud apps faster with VMware Tanzu on Azure
DICK'S Sporting Goods
DICK'S runs their e-commerce platform on the VMware Tanzu Application Service on Azure. This combination allows them to scale to meet unprecedented demand, all with zero downtime.
Stéphane El Mabrouk, Head of Operations, Thales Digital Factory
"Our squads are able, in sprint one, to have all their development environment up and running, and that's thanks to the cloud-based technologies."
Henk Van Driel, Manager, Cloud Competence Center, Rabobank
"We have more than 75 development teams using our new platform, and that number is quickly growing. Seven production workloads are already running on it. The smallest is our new mortgage lending model, and the largest workload is a [Tanzu Application Service] environment."
Thomas Fredell, Chief Product Officer, Merrill Corporation
"We need to iterate our way to great products, to get solutions into customers' hands quickly, see what they like, make changes, and keep improving—the fail-fast concept. With Azure and [Tanzu Application Service], we can do that."
Frequently asked questions about Tanzu Application Service on Azure
When you use Tanzu Application Service on Azure, you get:
- More regions and more flexibility. Azure has more regions than other public cloud providers and gives you more flexibility for data sovereignty and other regulatory scenarios.
- Differentiated services. Azure Service Broker exposes services such as Azure Storage, Azure Cache for Redis, Azure Cosmos DB, SQL Database, and Service Bus natively through Tanzu Application Service, helping you bolster your cloud-native apps with the unique capabilities of Azure.
- Integrated enterprise support and deep partnership. Microsoft and VMware Tanzu have integrated support teams and workflows, along with joint engineering teams.
VMware Tanzu on Azure is great for enterprises who:
- Want to transform their business with cloud-native applications and new digital products and services.
- Require an enterprise development and operations platform that can run in hybrid or multicloud environments.
- Are looking for a container-based microservices platform that enables continuous delivery and faster time to market.
- Already use Java/Spring to deploy 12-factor app concepts and microservices.
- Want to upgrade from monolithic middleware architectures in favor of cloud-native patterns.
Yes, it does. If you’re unfamiliar VMware Kubernetes Grid, it’s a convenient, scalable way to deploy, run, automate, and manage Kubernetes across public and private clouds.
Yes. You can also use Azure Spring Cloud Service, which is a fully managed service developed and managed by Microsoft and VMware.
Microsoft and VMware have a joint go-to-market strategy that includes worldwide sales teams and an integrated support workflow that’s accessible as a portal experience. Account representatives from both VMware and Microsoft have access to materials in the Microsoft ISV App Catalog to help you get started. If you have questions, contact the partnership team at email@example.com.
Yes: create an Azure free account and get 12 months of popular free services, a 200 USD credit, and more than 25 always-free services. This is a great way to learn how Azure works, try products and services, and even deploy your first solution in 10 minutes or less using free tutorials.
Learn more about VMware Tanzu on Azure
Please tell us a little about yourself. An Azure representative will connect with you to help answer your questions.