Azure IoT Edge now generally available
Posted on May 11, 2017
Azure IoT Edge, a fully managed service that delivers cloud intelligence locally by deploying and running artificial intelligence (AI), Azure services, and custom logic directly on cross-platform IoT devices, is now generally available. We're introducing several new features and capabilities, including:
· Open source release of IoT Edge runtime.
· Support for Moby container management system.
· Zero touch provisioning of edge devices with Device Provisioning Service .
· Security Manager with support for hardware-based root of trust for allowing secure boot strapping and operation of Edge.
· Scaled deployment and configuration of Edge devices using Automatic Device Configuration Service.
· Support for SDKs in multiple languages, including C, C#, Node, Python and Java (coming soon).
· Tooling for module development including coding, testing, debugging, deployment—all from VSCode.
· CI/CD pipeline using Visual Studio Team Services.
Azure services supported on IoT Edge include:
· Cognitive Services: Custom Vision (in preview).
· Azure Machine Learning (in preview).
· Azure Stream Analytics (in preview).
· Azure Functions (in preview).
· SQL Server databases (in preview).
To learn more, read the announcement blog.