Today we are announcing the general availability (GA) of several features as well as a new REST API version and .NET SDK that support the new GA features. All GA features and APIs are covered by the standard Azure service level agreement (SLA) and can be used in production workloads.
New GA APIs
- Blob Indexer allows you to parse and index text from common file formats such as Office documents, PDF, and HTML. NOTE: CSV and JSON support is still in preview.
- Table Indexer enables you to ingest data from an Azure Table store.
- Custom Analyzers enable you to take control over the process of lexical analysis that’s performed over the content of your documents and query terms. For example, custom analyzers enable support for Phonetic search. For more information, read more on custom analyzers.
- Analyze API allows you to test built-in and custom analyzers to see how the analyzer breaks text into tokens.
- ETag Support allows you to safely update index definitions, indexers, and data sources concurrently.
New REST API Version (2016-09-01) and .NET SDK
The following REST API and .NET SDKs are GA:
- Service REST API version (2016-09-01), which includes all of the GA features noted in the previous section.
- A .NET SDK equivalent of the Service REST API (2016-09-01).
- A .NET SDK for management operations (Microsoft.Azure.Management.Search), which is the first .NET SDK for Search service and api-key management.
The existing preview API (2015-02-28-Preview) is still active and continues to support existing preview features such as moreLikeThis, and CSV and JSON support in Blob indexer. We look forward to your continued feedback on these and other new features as we work to add more GA features.
Learn more about the new REST API version, including steps to upgrade from an older version of the REST API to the GA version. Get the download to GA .NET SDK.