Azure App Service lets you create apps faster with a one-of-a kind cloud service to quickly and easily create enterprise-ready web and mobile apps for any platform or device and deploy them on a scalable and reliable cloud infrastructure.
Enabling productivity and innovation for over 2 million apps and sites on Azure
Quickly build, deploy, and scale web apps and APIs on your terms. Work with .NET, .NET Core, Node.js, Java, Python, or PHP in containers or running on Windows or Linux. Meet rigorous, enterprise-grade performance, security, and compliance requirements with a trusted, fully managed service that handles more than 60 billion requests per day.
Fully managed service with built-in infrastructure maintenance, security patching, and scaling
Built-in CI/CD integration and zero-downtime deployments
Integration with virtual networks and ability to run in an isolated and dedicated App Service environment
Rigorous security and compliance, including SOC and PCI, for seamless deployments in the cloud, in Azure Government, and on premises
Quickly build web apps and APIs in the cloud
- Bring your code or container using the framework language of your choice.
- Increase developer productivity with tight integration of Visual Studio Code and Visual Studio.
- Streamline CI/CD with Git, GitHub, GitHub Actions, Atlassian Bitbucket, Azure DevOps, Docker Hub, and Azure Container Registry.
- Reduce downtime and minimize risk for app updates by using deployment slots.
Scale web apps on an enterprise-grade service
- Achieve high availability with SLA-backed uptime of 99.95 percent.
- Simplify operations with automatic platform maintenance and security patching.
- Protect your applications with Web App Firewall and connect with virtual network integration.
- Deploy isolated web app instances with a single-tenancy model.
- Use Azure Active Directory and other popular identity providers to authenticate and authorize app access.
- Scale globally across all Azure regions.
Migrate .NET web apps with ease
Bring your web apps to the cloud with minimal or no code changes using the App Service Migration Assistant, a free and simple tool to automatically migrate .NET web applications from on premises to the cloud.
Migrate in three easy steps
- Quickly assess your website for migration by running a scan of its public URL.
- Download the Migration Assistant to run readiness checks.
- Migrate your web app.
Innovate with Azure cognitive and event driven services
Use App Service to bring the best of Azure to your web app
Simplify operations with built-in monitoring
- Perform intelligent and interactive, live troubleshooting with App Service diagnostics.
- View application performance and health end-to-end with Azure Monitor and Application Insights to make decisions faster.
- Build real-time views of application resource usage with Azure Monitor and configure alerts to notify you of unexpected conditions.
- Gain deeper insights into your app’s throughput, response times, downstream dependencies, and error trends using Application Insights.
Scale globally with industry-leading security
- React to traffic loads with Azure Autoscale and perform traffic routing and load-balancing through Azure Front Door.
- Reduce latency by placing your content assets closer to your customers, with Azure Content Delivery Network.
- Protect your applications with Azure Web Application Firewall, Azure Firewall, and Application Gateway.
- Improve your security posture and threat protection with Azure Security Center and extensive compliance certifications.
Flexible pricing options to fit your needs
Azure App Service is a fully managed web hosting service for building web applications, services, and RESTful APIs. The service offers a range of plans to meet the needs of any application, from small websites to globally scaled web applications.
Reserved instances offer savings of up to 55 percent compared to pay-as-you-go pricing. Plus, you can now run web apps on your own Kubernetes infrastructure (in preview).
Everything you need to get started
Developer documentation, sample code and app development resources
Build your first web app on Windows or Linux using:
Step-by-step guidance on how to build and host web apps from Microsoft Learn:
Build with .NET
App Service is the only managed service built from the ground up to support .NET workloads.
Create an ASP.NET app in Azure.
Explore step-by-step guidance for migrating .NET apps to Azure.
Use the .NET Portability Analyzer to analyze assemblies for .NET Core.
Convert your .NET code to .NET Core with our .NET Core Porting Guidance.
Trusted by companies of all sizes
Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
Bev Kite, Chief Information Officer Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
"Nobody understands .NET and SQL Server better than Microsoft, which, through Azure, gave us a robust set of managed services for migrating our legacy applications to the cloud."
Lennart Boorsma, Digital Marketing Manager, Heineken
"Azure didn't let us down. More than that, it gave us a way to assure senior management that we could support this massive, global campaign."
Real Madrid C.F.
José Ángel Sánchez, CEO, Real Madrid C.F.
"The Azure platform will help us provide the services we want to offer, because it gives us the scalability we need, whenever we need it."
Premera Blue Cross
Henry Larrymore, Senior Cloud Engineer, Digital Customer Experience, Premera Blue Cross
"We use Azure App Service to provide a truly reliable tier for service delivery and fulfillment. It's invaluable."
Fredrik Lagerträd, Manager, Digital Development, The Absolut Company
"Now, when we're launching new projects, we're looking at what we can take advantage of in Azure. Capabilities that in the past we've had to build ourselves, like an image-scaling function, we can do now in Azure."
Mike Smith, Lead Software Developer, Chipotle Mexican Grill
"Our move to .NET Core, Visual Studio Code, TypeScript, and Azure services worked out just like we had planned. Our new website makes us much more agile in supporting Chipotle's primary mission."
Azure App Service updates, blogs, and announcements
5 Benefits of Migrating your ASP.NET Apps to the Cloud
Learn how Azure can help achieve scalability, optimize costs, increase operational efficiencies, improve security, and ship new features faster
Modernize your Web Apps
Read the success stories of five companies that enhanced customer experiences through modernizing their web apps to Azure App Service
Frequently asked questions about App Service
App Service runs web and API apps at scale while integrating seamlessly with other first- or third-party solutions to meet the requirements of the app solution you envision.
App Service is available in most Azure regions.
We guarantee that apps running via a customer subscription will be available 99.95 percent of the time. See additional details.