Azure Availability Zones
High availability for your most demanding mission-critical applications and data
- Protection from loss of datacenters
- High-availability option for your comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR) strategy
- 99.99% SLA on virtual machines
Protection from datacenter failure
Availability Zones are unique physical locations with independent power, network, and cooling. Each Availability Zone is comprised of one or more datacenters and houses infrastructure to support highly available, mission critical applications. Availability Zones are tolerant to datacenter failures through redundancy and logical isolation of services.
"Availability Zones give us the combination of low latency and high availability that we need to meet customer requirements. All of my team’s applications with higher SLA levels are now built on Availability Zones. The physical separation of Availability Zones builds an extra layer of redundancy."
Build high availability into your BCDR strategy
- 1 Create zone-redundant Load Balancer
- 2 Create front-end subnet
- 3 Create DB subnet
- 4 Create VMs in three Availability Zones
- 5 Configure zone-redundant SQL DB
- 6 Add VMs to the load balancer’s back-end pool
- 7 Deploy your application on VMs for redundancy and high availability
Build with confidence with 99.99% VM uptime*
Know that your applications will be running when you need them.Try with hands-on-labs
*99.99% SLA applies to two or more VMs running in two or more zones in the same region.