Blockchain Basics & Partner Strategy
By Wendy Spies Director of Engineering Strategy
1 min read
Thank you to all of you who packed the aisles at the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference for our Blockchain Basics presentations. We had overwhelming feedback from you that we needed to make our presentation available to those who were not able to see it in Toronto. Please enjoy! And let us know if you have any feedback or questions.
Blockchain is a secure, shared, distributed ledger that can be public, private, or consortium
Secure – Uses cryptography to create transactions that are impervious to fraud and establishes a shared truth.
Shared – Blockchain value is directly linked to the number of organizations or companies that participate in them. There is huge value for even the fiercest of competitors to participate with each other in these shared database implementations.
Distributed – There are many replicas of the blockchain database. In fact, the more replicas there are the more authentic it becomes.
Ledger – The database is append only so it is an immutable record of every transaction that occurs.
Microsoft is implementing a three part strategy
- Build and learn from key partner-driven POCs built on top of various blockchain technologies
- Grow the blockchain marketplace ecosystem & artifacts together with our partners & customers
- Develop key Azure blockchain middleware services to ensure the infrastructure is enterprise ready
Project Bletchley middleware and cryptlets
Project Bletchley is the code name for extending blockchain by creating both new middleware as well as secure cryptlets. We are connecting to many different ledgers and existing external and internal services to enable a robust blockchain ecosystem for the enterprise.
How do you get started?
– SIGN UP FOR AN AZURE ACCOUNT
– SETUP BLOCKCHAIN ON AZURE & PLAY WITH TEMPLATES
– JOIN OUR BLOCKCHAIN ADVISORY YAMMER GROUP
– ONCE YOU FEEL CONFIDENT, ESTABLISH A LAB
- Contact us with any questions (BaaS@Microsoft.com)
- Keep up-to-date with Blockchain on Azure
- We have world class Identity Services through Azure Active Directory
- Our corporate strategy is focused on creating and nurturing an open cloud ecosystem
- We have flexible architecture that allows you to avoid vendor lock-in
Thank you, and let us know if you have any questions or requests.