Azure vs. AWS
See why organizations all over the world recognize Azure over Amazon Web Services (AWS) as the most trusted cloud for enterprise and hybrid infrastructure
Pay less with Azure
Achieve your business and budget goals with pricing options that help you maximize the return on your cloud investment. Learn about the advantages of choosing Azure vs. AWS.
Save on running Windows Server and SQL Server in Azure
Get superior performance at a lower cost for modernized workloads
Meet your mission-critical requirements up to 5 times faster while paying up to 93 percent less than with AWS RDS.* Learn how Azure SQL Managed Instance—an intelligent, fully managed cloud database service—outperformed across three different benchmarks, spanning transactional and analytics workloads.
Maximize performance and value for migrated SQL Server workloads
See how migrating SQL Server workloads to Azure Virtual Machines can help lower total cost of ownership (TCO). SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines performs up to 57 percent faster and costs up to 54 percent less than AWS EC2.
Get more value from your existing Microsoft investment
Provide a consistent experience and apply existing knowledge across your organization’s on-premises and cloud technologies through integration with Microsoft 365 and Azure Active Directory (Azure AD), part of Microsoft Entra.
More than 95 percent of Fortune 500 companies use Azure
Business and organizations—small and large, old and new—rely on Azure to provide trusted cloud services.
- Azure global infrastructure, serving over 60 regions worldwide—more than any other cloud provider
- The industry’s broadest and most experienced partner network, with more than 68,000 partners
- More than 100 compliance certifications—the broadest set of offerings in the industry—including over 50 that are specific to regions and countries
Trust your cloud
Get security from the ground up—backed by a team of experts—and proactive compliance trusted by enterprises, governments, and startups.
- More than $1 billion investment in security R&D and 3,500 cybersecurity experts
- More than 100 compliance offerings
- Uncompromising commitment to privacy
- Responsible-AI and machine-learning
- Investing in what’s good for your business and the planet
Operate hybrid seamlessly
On-premises, in the cloud, and at the edge—Azure meets you where you are. Integrate and manage your environments with services designed for hybrid cloud.
- [*] Savings based on eight vCore Managed Instance Business Critical in East US Region, running 730 hours per month. Savings are calculated from full price (license included) against base rate (applying Azure Hybrid Benefit for SQL Server), which excludes Software Assurance cost for SQL Server Enterprise edition, which may vary based on EA agreement. Actual savings may vary based on region, instance size, and performance tier. Prices as of May 2022, subject to change.