Azure Web Application Firewall for Azure Content Delivery Network is in preview
Published date: March 19, 2020
Protect your web applications from common exploits and vulnerabilities with Web Application Firewall for Azure Content Delivery Network from Microsoft. Web Application Firewall is already natively integrated with Azure Application Gateway and Azure Front Door services.
Apply the firewall policies to protect your Azure Content Delivery Network endpoints from malicious attacks. A Web Application Firewall security policy may consist of an ordered list of custom match rules, rate limit rules, or Azure-managed pre-configuration rules.
- Custom match rules are based on a combination of client IP addresses, geolocation, HTTP parameters, request methods, and size constraints.
- Conditional rate limiting rules protect your Content Delivery Network from Microsoft endpoints against denial of service abuse by limiting the number of requests from any client IP.
- The pre-configured default rule setting protects your applications from OWASP top 10 threats.
- New or updated Web Application Firewall configurations are deployed globally within minutes, so you can respond quickly to changing attack patterns.
- Web Application Firewall for Content Delivery Network from Microsoft is integrated with Azure Monitor, and logs can be accessed through an Azure Storage account, Azure Event Hub, or Azure Log Analytics.
For more details, see the Web Application Firewall overview. To get started, read the Web Application Firewall configuration guide.