Windows Virtual Machines Pricing
Start your Azure free account and get 12 months free access to Virtual Machines plus $200 credit for 30 days.
Azure Virtual Machines gives you the flexibility of virtualization for a wide range of computing solutions with support for Linux, Windows Server, SQL Server, Oracle, IBM, SAP, and more. All current generation Virtual Machines include load balancing and auto-scaling at no cost. For optimal performance, we recommend pairing your Virtual Machines with Managed Disks. Standard egress charges apply.
Choose from the following payment options for Virtual Machines. Combine either option with the Azure Hybrid Benefit for additional savings.
Pay as you go
Pay for compute capacity by the second, with no long-term commitment or upfront payments. Increase or decrease compute capacity on demand. Start or stop at any time and only pay for what you use.
- Users who prefer the low cost and flexibility of Azure Virtual Machines.
- Applications with short-term, spiky, or unpredictable workloads that cannot be interrupted.
- Applications being developed or tested on Azure Virtual Machines for the first time.
Reserved Virtual Machine Instances
An Azure Reserved Virtual Machine Instance is an advanced purchase of a Virtual Machine for one or three years in a specified region. The commitment is made up front, and in return, you get up to 72 percent price savings compared to pay-as-you-go pricing. Reserved Virtual Machine Instances are flexible and can easily be exchanged or returned.
- Applications with steady-state usage.
- Customers who want budget predictability.
- Customers who can commit to using a virtual machine (VM) over a one-year or three-year term to reduce computing costs.
Example Virtual Machines pricing
Azure Virtual Machines are designed for all budgets and workloads, starting from our economical B-series to our newest GPU VMs optimized for machine learning. Explore popular categories:
Our B-series VMs provide an economical, low-cost solution for workloads that normally don't use a lot of CPU, but occasionally need to burst to handle higher workloads. Free for 12 months.
Raw compute power
Fsv2 is our newest compute-optimized VM family and uses the Intel Skylake processor. Fsv2 delivers the latest Intel CPU for raw compute power.
Balanced CPU and memory
Our Dv3 family is the latest generation of our general purpose VMs. It's appropriate for a variety of workloads.
High memory-to-core ratio
Ev3 is our latest generation memory-optimized VM. It's great for relational database servers, caches, and in-memory analytics.
ND VMs now available
Designed for artificial intelligence (AI) and deep learning
- Powered by NVIDIA Tesla P40 GPUs.
- Ideal for AI workloads using CNTK, TensorFlow, Caffe, and other frameworks.
- Larger GPU memory sizes of up to 24 GB available.
- RDMA and InfiniBand connectivity for large-scale training jobs.