Azure IoT Central, Internet of Things
Azure IoT Suite adds device management capability updates
By Sam George Corporate Vice President, Azure IoT
1 min read
While the most successful enterprise IoT solutions include a strategy for operators to handle ongoing management of device collection in a simple and reliable manner, it can be a hurdle for companies getting started with IoT. To help with that challenge, we recently introduced device management capabilities in Azure IoT Hub.
Today, we’ve added these device management features to the Azure IoT Suite remote monitoring preconfigured solution. The Azure IoT Suite simplifies deploying and orchestrating advanced services to give businesses a complete IoT solution from proof of concept to broader deployment.
With new device management functionality in Azure IoT Suite, developers will be able to quickly move beyond telemetry processing, rule management, and visualization to customize their device overview, queries and device lists. These enhancements include:
- Synchronizing settings and metadata between the cloud and devices using device twins.
- Performing an action on a connected device through the cloud using direct methods.
- Broadcasting and orchestrating operations on multiple devices at a planned time through jobs.
- Attesting the status and health for on or offline device collections using real-time, dynamic queries across device twins and jobs.
- Customizing device information overview by using Column Editor to provide a dynamic report for devices you want to monitor right now.
The Azure IoT Suite remote monitoring preconfigured solution is also open source, which gives developers the flexibility to customize it to their needs as the business evolves. We are excited to see developers achieve even more through the new device management features.
Learn more about today’s enhancements by reviewing our two step-by-step guides: Get started with the preconfigured solutions and Remote monitoring preconfigured solution walkthrough. You can also provision your IoT solution with your Azure subscription today by visiting www.azureiotsuite.com.