Transition to Azure AD to query data from Azure Monitor application insights by 31 March 2026
Published date: 15 May, 2023
On 31 March 2026, API keys used query application insights will be retired. Before that date, you'll need to transition to Azure AD which provides all the functionality of API keys plus new ones, including:
- Azure AD Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Hybrid integration to write password changes back to on-premises environment.
- Hybrid integration to enforce password protection policies for an on-premises environment.
To continue querying your application insights resource, switch to Azure AD authentication for application insights by 31 March 2026.
Help and support
If you have questions, get answers from community experts in Microsoft Q&A. If you have a support plan and you need technical help, create a support request:
- For Issue type, select Technical.
- For Subscription, select your subscription.
- For Service, click My services.
- For Service type, select Application Insights.
- For Resource, select the Azure resource that you are creating a support request for.
- For Summary, type a description of your issue.
- For Problem type, select A feature that I use is deprecated and will be removed from application insights.
- For Problem subtype, select API keys for querying are being retired