On 31 August 2026 Azure AI Document Intelligence v2.0 API will be retired. Please transition to Azure AI Document Intelligence v3.1 API by that date.
We encourage you to make the switch sooner to gain the richer benefits of v3.1 APIs. In addition to the familiar features you are using, here’s a quick comparison between v2.0 and v3.1.
- Limited OCR language support
- 300+ printed and 9 handwritten support
- Limited prebuilt model capability
- Wide range of prebuilt models to enable texts, tables, document structure and key-value pairs extraction from any forms and documents with improved model quality.
- Limited custom model capability on forms (structured documents) only
- Rich custom model capabilities enable you to classify and train your own model for structured, unstructured and semi-structured documents with simple UX and human feedback.
- Limited integration with other tools
- Native integration with Microsoft services, including Azure Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Cognitive Search, AI Builder, etc.
Azure Form Recognizer is now Azure AI Document Intelligence. You can learn more from this blog. From now through 31 August 2026, you can continue to use v2.0 or transition to v3.1 before 31 August 2026.
Follow the detailed steps to transition to Azure AI Document Intelligence v3.1. For more information about our pricing please refer to our documentation here.
Help and support
If you have questions, get answers from community experts in Microsoft Q&A. If you have a support plan and you need technical help, create a support request.