February update for Azure IoT Edge
Datum publikování: 02 března, 2018
The February update for Azure IoT Edge includes improvements to the runtime:
- Python: Azure IoT Edge modules can now be written in Python through the client and service SDKs.
- Edge CLI: The Azure IoT extension for Azure CLI now allows programmatic management of IoT Edge solutions in addition to the existing Azure portal experience.
- Protocol choice: Users can now configure the runtime to use AMQP or AMQP over WebSockets for communication with Azure IoT Hub.
- Bug fixes: Multiple issues have been resolved, including fixes for the "could not find file 'C:\app\backup.json' exception" error and the bug that caused edge devices to appear as disconnected in the Azure portal.
The Azure IoT Edge extension for VS Code has been updated to:
- Create, update, and delete IoT Edge devices and modules.
- View module twins.
The following articles have been published:
- How to use the Azure IoT extension
- How to debug C# modules
- How to debug Azure functions that run on the edge
- How to use SQL Server on the edge