Save up to 40 percent on Windows Server virtual machines with the Azure Hybrid Use Benefit
Transition to the cloud using your existing Windows Server licenses with Software Assurance.
- Get base compute pricing on Windows Server virtual machines
- Deploy new workloads in three easy steps
- Migrate existing virtual machines
Accelerate your digital transformation
Now is the time to move to Azure and reap the rewards of cloud technology including the ability to scale up or down quickly, pay only for what you use, and save on compute power. Whether you’re moving a few workloads, migrating your datacenter, or deploying new virtual machines (VMs) as part of your hybrid cloud strategy, the Azure Hybrid Use Benefit provides big savings as you move to the cloud.Download Azure Hybrid Use Benefit datasheet
Save up to 40 percent1
Sample annual cost comparison of two D2 v2 Promo Windows Server VMs2
Use your on-premises Windows Server licenses that include Software Assurance to save big on Windows Server VMs in Azure. By using your existing licenses, you pay the base compute rate and save up to 40 percent.
We can help. Give us your contact information, and we will be in touch.
Or call us at 1-800-867-1389
Deploy your Windows Server VM—fast
You can get started in three easy steps:
Other deployment options include:
- What is Azure Hybrid Use Benefit?
The Azure Hybrid Use Benefit helps you get the most value from licenses on-premises and in the cloud. It lets you use your Windows Server licenses with Software Assurance for virtual machines at the base compute rate, resulting in up to 40 percent savings, starting February 1, 2016, across all Azure regions.
- What is the base compute rate?
- What products are eligible for the Azure Hybrid Use Benefit?
The Azure Hybrid Use Benefit is applicable to Windows Server Standard and Datacenter Editions.
- What does this benefit offer?
Each 2-processor license or each set of 16-core licenses are entitled to two instances of up to 8 cores, or one instance of up to 16 cores. The Azure Hybrid Use Benefit for Standard Edition licenses can only be used once either on-premises or in Azure. Datacenter Edition benefits allow for simultaneous usage both on-premises and in Azure.
- Who is eligible for this offer?
Every Windows Server Standard or Datacenter customer with Software Assurance is eligible for the Azure Hybrid Use Benefit. The Azure Hybrid Use Benefit is not restricted to any specific licensing program; it is available to all customers with active Software Assurance.
- How do I take advantage of the Azure Hybrid Use Benefit?
Customers can deploy pre-built Azure Hybrid Use Benefit Windows Server images directly from Azure Marketplace or deploy them using Azure PowerShell, Azure CLI (Command Line Interface), or through the Azure SDKs. Customers can also upload custom VMs and deploy them using PowerShell. Customers migrating existing workloads can use Azure Site Recovery (which is free for the first 31 days).
- Actual savings may vary based on location, instance type, or usage
- Savings based on two D2 v2 Promo VMs in West US 2 Region running 20 hours/day for one year (365 days), base compute rate at CentOS or Ubuntu Linux rate for West US 2, and Software Assurance cost (Level A) for Windows Server Standard edition (one 2-processor license or a set of 16 core licenses). Actual savings may vary based on location, instance type, or usage. Prices as of April 2017. Prices subject to change.