Azure DevOps—Assignment-based billing and other new features
Updated: October 01, 2019
In the latest update of Azure DevOps, we've added user assignment-based billing. With this feature, the number of Basic or Basic + Test Plan licenses will change as you add or remove users. This means that you’ll only pay for the licenses you’re using. We’ve also added a new setting that lets you choose whether new users get full Basic access or limited/free Stakeholder access.
In addition, we switched from monthly to daily billing. This means that if you give a user paid access for a few weeks or even a few days, you pay only for the time they were assigned the paid access, rather than a full month.
See the list of new features for more information.
- User assignment-based billing and default access level
- New UI to manage organization and project permissions
- Support for custom fields in rollup columns
- New rule to hide fields in a work item form based on condition
- Custom work item notification settings
- Link work items to deployments
- Use service account-based authentication to connect to AKS
- Preview markdown files in pull request side-by-side diff
- Build policy expiration for manual builds
- Add a policy to block commits based on the commit author email
- Retry failed stages
- Enhancements to approvals in YAML pipelines
- Container structure testing support in Azure Pipeline
- Flaky bug management and resolution
- Enhancements to Azure Pipelines app for Slack and Microsoft Teams
- Updates to hosted pipelines images
- Open Policy Agent installer task
- Pipeline decorators for release pipelines
Azure Test Plans: