Upgrade your Azure Cache for Redis instances to use Redis version 6 by 30 June 2023
Published date: September 30, 2022
Because Redis version 4 is no longer supported by the open source community, it will be retired from Azure Cache for Redis and you'll need to upgrade any cache instances that are running version 4 to version 6 by 30 June 2023. We'll continue to backport security fixes from recent versions to version 4 until that date.
To avoid an automatic update to your cache instances, upgrade your Azure Cache for Redis instances to Redis version 6 by 30 June 2023.
Help and support
- For Issue type, select Technical.
- For Subscription, select your subscription.
- For Service, select My services.
- For Service type, select Cache for Redis.
- For Resource, select your resource.
- For Summary, type a description of your issue.
- For Problem type, select Cache Management.
- For Problem subtype, select Upgrade.