New release of the Microsoft Threat Modeling Tool
Published date: January 30, 2019
Version 7.1.60126.1 of the Microsoft Threat Modeling Tool was released on January 29, 2019. It contains the following changes:
- The minimum required version of .NET increased to 4.7.1.
- The minimum required version of Windows increased to Windows 10 Anniversary Update due to the .NET dependency.
- A model validation toggle feature was added to the tool's Options menu.
- Several links in the threat properties were updated.
- Minor UX changes were made to the tool's home screen.
- The Threat Modeling Tool now inherits the TLS settings of the host operating system and is supported in environments that require TLS 1.2 or later.