Standard SSD Disks for Azure Virtual Machines is now in public preview
Monday, June 4, 2018
Azure Standard SSDs are a cost-effective Managed Disk solution optimized for dev-test and entry-level production applications requiring consistent latency. Standard SSDs can:
- Deliver lower latency compared to Standard HDDs.
- Be used for web servers, low IOPS enterprise application servers, and Dev/Test workloads.
- Improve reliability and scalability for your applications.
- Offer the same industry-leading durability and availability you expect from Azure Disk Storage.
- Be upgraded to Premium SSDs for more demanding and latency-sensitive workloads.
Learn more about Standard SSDs in our blog post.