SR-IOV availability schedule on NCv3 Virtual Machines SKU
Published date: October 17, 2019
As part of Azure’s ongoing commitment to providing industry-leading performance, we are enabling support for all MPI types and versions, and RDMA verbs for InfiniBand-equipped virtual machines, beginning with NCv3 coming in early November 2019.
The upgrade WILL INVOLVE SERVER DOWNTIME on a regional basis and, if you intend to utilize the InfiniBand network using MPI, this REQUIRES AN UPDATE TO YOUR VMs. Please read the following post for full details.
The current schedule for the updates is as follows:
- November 19, 2019 - US South Central - 2PM - 5PM PST
- November 20, 2019 - US East - 2PM - 5PM PST
- November 21, 2019 - Canada Central; UK South - 12PM - 3PM PST
- November 22, 2019 - West US 2 - 3PM - 5PM PST
- November 23, 2019 - West Europe; Japan East - 12PM - 3PM PST
- November 25, 2019 - Australia East; Korea Central; Asia Southeast - 12PM - 3PM PST
- Early 2020 (Exact dates TBD) - India Central, China North, China North 2