Public preview: Azure SQL Database update
Thursday, December 11, 2014
- Easier management of large databases Supports heavier workloads with parallel queries (Premium only), table partitioning, online indexing, and worry-free large index rebuilds with the size limit of 2 gigabyte (GB) removed, and alter database command.
- Up to 100 times performance improvements* Support for in-memory columnstore index queries (Premium only) for data mart and smaller analytic workloads.
- Support for key programmability functions Drive more robust application designs with CLR, T-SQL functions in Windows , XML indexing, and change tracking.
- Improved monitoring and troubleshooting Extended Events (XEvents) and visibility into over 100 new table views via an expanded set of Database Management Views.
- New S3 performance level Offers more pricing flexibility between Standard and Premium. S3 delivers 100 DTU and all the features available in the Standard tier for $0.2016/hour ($0.1008/hour during preview). For more information, see the SQL Database Pricing page.