Public Preview: Azure Migrate - Discover ASP.NET & Java web apps and assess ASP.NET in all environments
Published date: March 29, 2023
Azure Migrate can now discover Java & ASP.NET web apps running on Tomcat & IIS web servers respectively across all stacks (VMware, Hyper-V and Physical) and assess ASP.NET web apps for Azure App Service code (native) at-scale. This feature fills the gaps for customers who have app workloads running on stacks beyond VMware.
Key discovery capabilities include:
- Scale support: 20,000 web apps per appliance
- Support for apps on Windows Server 2008 R2 and above.
- Support for apps on Ubuntu Linux 16.04/18.04/20.04, Debian 7/8, CentOS 6/7, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6/7.
- Support for Java web app hosted on Tomcat 8 or later.
- Support for .Net app hosted on IIS 7.5 and above.
- Support for multiple web app instances in a server
- Discovery of Web Server type, Web Server version, URLs, binding ports, application pools, authentication type and application directories.
Key assessment capabilities include:
- Azure App Service readiness with ability to specify target location, Isolation requirement, reserved instance etc.
- Automatic App Service Plan recommendation
- Recommended App Service SKU
- Highlighting migration blockers and providing mitigation information
- Cost of hosting web apps in App Service
Get started with an assessment today here.