Private Preview – DR for Shared Disks – Azure Site Recovery
Published date: August 03, 2023
We are excited to announce the Private Preview of DR for Azure Shared Disks for workloads running Windows Server Failover Clusters (WSFC) on Azure VMs. Now you can protect, monitor, and recover your WSFC-clusters as a single unit across its DR Lifecycle, while also generating cluster-consistent recovery points – which are consistent across all the disks (including the Shared Disk) of the cluster. Sign up here!
- Private Preview will support protection of Windows Server Failover Clusters. Some applications that use this architecture are SQL FCI, SAP ASCS, Scale-out File Servers, etc.
- OS Support: Windows Server 2016 and above.
- Nodes: Up to 4 nodes per cluster.
- Shared Disks: Any number of Shared Disks can be attached to the cluster.
- Failover operation supports the failover of the entire cluster at once. We also support failover of clusters where one or more nodes are unavailable or undergoing maintenance.
- The scope is limited to forward direction protection. Once a failover is performed, the customer will have to re-enable replication for reverse direction protection.
- Any node ownership changes within the cluster (also called cluster failovers) will require a disk re-sync. This limitation will be resolved in Public Preview.
With this release, you can:
- Protect your cluster together with ASR Shared Disk Support.
- Generate recovery points (App and Crash) that are consistent across all the VMs and disks of the cluster.
- Monitor Protection and Health of the cluster and all its nodes from a single page.
- Failover the cluster with a single click.