Generally available: Azure Data Share
Published date: November 04, 2019
Customers can use Azure Data Share to easily and securely share big data stored in Azure with other organizations. As a fully managed service, Azure Data Share does not require infrastructure to set up and it enables efficient sharing of big data. With just a few clicks, data professionals can share both structured and unstructured data from a variety of Azure data sources. Azure Data Share provides full visibility into data sharing relationships including what data is shared and who it is shared with. Use snapshot-based sharing to provide a copy of the data and in-place sharing (preview) to enable access to data at source.
- Easily share data across organizational boundaries with no need to set up infrastructure or write code
- Governed sharing with centralized management and visibility into what data is shared and who it is shared with
- Share both structured and unstructured data: data consumer has the flexibility to choose which Azure data store receives the data
- Snapshot-based sharing to provide a copy of the data: supports Blob, Azure Data Lake Store, Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL DW
- In-place sharing (preview) to enable access to data at source: supports Azure Data Explorer