Generally Available: Azure Mv3 Medium Memory (MM) Virtual Machines
Published date: November 15, 2023
Today we are announcing the General Availability of the Mv3 Medium Memory (MM) virtual machines series. They are available immediately in West Europe, North Europe, East US 2, East US and West US2.The Mv3 VMs are powered by the 4th generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and Azure Boost, one of Azure’s latest infrastructure innovations.
Key Features and Benefits for Mv3 MM:
- Mv3 MM can scale for SAP workloads from 250GB to 4TB with faster insight, lower TCO and improved price-performance.
- Powered by Azure Boost, Mv3 provides a ~25% improvement in network throughput and up to 50% improvement in remote storage throughput over Mv2 MM.
- Mv3 delivers up to 30% faster SAP HANA data load times for OLAP workloads compared to Mv2, and up to 15% TPH (Total Transaction Per Hour) per core for SAP OLTP workloads over Mv2
- Enhanced security driven by Azure Boost’s isolated architecture, which runs storage and networking processes separately on the purpose-built hardware, instead of on the host server.
- Increased resilience against failures in memory, disks, and networking based on intelligence from past generations.
For more information on this release, read our blog here: aka.ms/sapmv3blog