General Availability: Azure Websites WebJobs
Published date: October 20, 2014
We are delighted to announce the general availability of Microsoft Azure Websites WebJobs. The WebJobs feature of Azure Websites provides an easy way for you to run programs such as services or background tasks on an Azure-hosted website. You can upload almost any form of executable or a script as a WebJob to your site. A WebJob can be triggered on a predefined schedule or on demand, or a WebJob can run continuously. A site can have multiple WebJobs with a mix of WebJobs modes.In addition to Azure Websites WebJobs general availability, we are announcing the general availability of the Azure WebJobs SDK. The WebJobs SDK provides a framework that lets you write a minimum amount of code to get common tasks done. The WebJobs SDK has a binding and trigger system that works with Azure Storage Blobs, Queues, and Tables as well as Service Bus Queues. The binding system makes it easy to write code that reads or writes Azure Storage objects. The trigger system calls a function in your code whenever any new data is received in a queue or blob.
Azure Websites WebJobs
- Running modes: Trigger on demand, Scheduled, Continues.
- Always-On makes sure your Azure Websites and associated WebJobs are always available.
- Detailed WebJob Runtime Process Monitoring.
- Easy to use binding system to Azure Storage Queues, Blobs, and Service Bus.
- Azure WebJobs SDK Dashboard.
- Can handle millions of objects.