General availability: Azure SQL Data Warehouse
Updated: July 14, 2016
Azure SQL Data Warehouse offers true cloud elasticity and is now generally available. You can read more about this service and read the general availability release announcement on the SQL Server blog.
With this release also comes a set of enhancements, including:
- SQL Server Management Studio built-in support for Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
- Additional data protection with geographically redundant backups.
- New high-end compute offerings, DWU3000 and DWU6000.
- Improved performance with database compatibility level 130.
- Thousands of new database-level collations.
- Expanded analytic functions and window frame.
- The ability to rename data warehouses.
For more information, please visit the Azure SQL Data Warehouse page. For more information about pricing, please visit the Azure SQL Data Warehouse pricing page. General availability pricing will go into effect on September 1, 2016.