Chaos studio - Public preview updates for January 2023
Published date: January 30, 2023
Azure Chaos Studio public preview has several new features and fault actions available.
- VNet injection allows a Chaos resource provider to inject containerized workloads into your VNet to allow you to access resources without public endpoints.
- Dynamic targeting is now available. Currently only supported for the VMSS shutdown V2 fault, dynamic targeting allows you to more easily target resources by availability zone.
- Azure Chaos Studio is available in Australia east region.
- Service Tags are enabled in Chaos Studio. See Permissions and security for Azure Chaos Studio
- VMSS shutdown 2.0 - This fault is an updated version of the existing VMSS shutdown 1.0 fault, that supports dynamic targeting.
- Key Vault Certificate faults: The following new faults are available related to Key Vault Certificates:
- Increment certificate version - Generates new certificate version and thumbprint using the Key Vault Certificate client library.
- Disable certificate - Disables a certificate for a specified duration.
- Update certificate policy - Can change various certificate policies during an experiment, and then revert the changes after a specified duration.