Azure Cosmos DB built-in Jupyter notebooks will be retired March 30, 2024
Published date: October 06, 2023
On 30 March 2024, the Azure Cosmos DB preview of built-in Jupyter notebooks will be retired. If you’re using notebooks to interact with your Azure Cosmos DB account, transition to run these notebooks using Visual Studio Code’s support for Jupyter notebooks, or your preferred notebooks client.
Visual Studio Code Jupyter notebooks provides a richer developer experience, including IntelliSense, support for languages including Python, C#, and others, and debugging functionality. Learn about Visual Studio Code Juypter notebooks here.
Follow these steps to run your notebooks using Visual Studio Code Jupyter notebooks (or your preferred notebooks client) before 30 March 2024. After 30 March 2024, you’ll no longer be able to use the built-in Azure Cosmos DB notebooks feature in the Azure portal.
Help and support
- For Issue type, select Technical.
- For Subscription, select your subscription.
- For Service, select My services, then select Cosmos DB.
- Select the Azure resource that you are creating a support request for.
- For Summary, type a description of your issue.
- For Problem type, select Portal and Notebooks.
- For problem subtype, select Notebooks.