Azure PowerShell 1.7: Hotfix for breaking changes
Posted on Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Azure PowerShell versions 1.4–1.6 and versions 2.0 and later introduced breaking changes. The changes affected the following Azure Storage cmdlets:
- Get-AzureRmStorageAccountKey: Accessing keys
- New-AzureRmStorageAccountKey: Accessing keys
- New-AzureRmStorageAccount: Specifying account type and endpoints
- Get-AzureRmStorageAccount: Specifying account type and endpoints
- Set-AzureRmStorageAccount: Specifying account type and endpoints
To minimize the impact to cmdlets, we're releasing Azure PowerShell 1.7. This hotfix addresses all of the breaking changes, with the exception of specifying the endpoint properties for New-AzureRmStorageAccount, Get-AzureRmStorageAccount, and Set-AzureRmStorageAccount. This means that customers don't need a code change where the hotfix is applicable.
This hotfix will not be present in Azure PowerShell versions 2.0 and later. Please plan to update the preceding cmdlets when you update to Azure PowerShell 2.0.