Azure Maps Weather Services are now generally available
Published date: April 12, 2021
Weather Services use data from leading worldwide weather service provider, AccuWeather. From mission critical enterprise applications to business-to-consumer facing experiences, Weather Services offer a reliable and easy way to bring globally available weather content to your users.
- Weather Tile API: Radar and infrared raster weather tiles formatted to be integrated into the Azure Maps SDKs.
- Current Conditions: Detailed current weather conditions such as precipitation, temperature, and wind for a given coordinate location.
- Minute Forecast: Minute-by-minute forecasts for a given location.
- Hourly Forecast: Detailed weather forecast by the hour.
- Quarter-Day Forecast: Detailed weather forecast by quarter-day.
- Daily Forecast: Detailed weather forecast such as temperature, humidity, wind by day.
- Daily Indices: Daily weather condition indices for specific outdoor activities for next 5, 10 and 15 days starting from current day.
- Severe Weather Alerts: Severe weather alerts that are available worldwide from both official Government Meteorological Agencies and leading global to regional weather alert providers.
- Weather Along Route: Hyperlocal, up-to-the-minute weather nowcasts, weather hazard assessments, and notifications along a route described as a sequence of waypoints.
To get started with Azure Maps and the Azure Maps Weather Services, please go to the Azure Maps documentation or create an Azure Maps account for free.