Azure Content Delivery Network standard rules engine is now available
Published date: June 24, 2020
Use the new rules engine to customize how http requests are handled at the edge and have more control of your web application behavior. Standard rules engine for Azure Content Delivery Network includes several key features such as:
- Enforce HTTPS to ensure all your users interact with your content over a secure connection.
- Implement security headers to prevent browser-based vulnerabilities like HTTP Strict-Transport-Security (HSTS), X-XSS-Protection, Content-Security-Policy, X-Frame-Options, as well as Access-Control-Allow-Origin headers for CORS scenarios. Security-based attributes can also be defined with cookies.
- Route requests to the mobile or desktop version of your application based on the patterns in the contents of request headers, cookies, or query strings.
- Use redirect capabilities to return 301/302/307/308 redirects to the client to redirect to new hostnames, paths, or protocols.
- Dynamically modify the caching configuration of your route based on the incoming requests.
- Rewrite the request URL path and forward the request to the appropriate backend in your configured backend pool.
- Optimize media delivery to tune the caching configuration based on file type or content path.