Azure App Service and Azure Functions on Azure Stack Hub update available
Published date: May 08, 2020
A major update to Azure App Service on Azure Stack Hub is now available. The update build number is 18.104.22.168.
All fixes and updates are detailed in the release notes. Please review them prior to updating your installation or upgrade of Azure App Service on Azure Stack Hub.
This release updates the resource provider and brings new key capabilities and fixes:
- Updates to App Service Tenant, Admin, Azure Functions portals, and Kudu tools.
- Updates Azure Functions runtime to v1.0.13021.
- Updates to core service to improve reliability and error messaging will enable easier diagnosis of common issues.
- Updates to the application frameworks and tools including .NET Framework, ASP.NET Core, PHP, NodeJS, and NPM.
- Windows Server updates to underlying operating system of all roles.
- Cumulative updates for Windows Server are now applied to controller roles as part of deployment and upgrade.
- Updated default virtual machine and scale set SKUs for new deployments.
All of the documentation for App Service and Azure Functions on Azure Stack Hub has been reviewed and edited to support this release, to address feedback from customers, and to improve the quality of the documentation to support cloud operators.
Download the new installer and helper scripts:
Please read the updated documentation prior to getting started with deployment:
- 2020 Q2 update release notes
- Prerequisites for deploying App Service on Azure Stack Hub
- Deploy the App Service resource provider for new deployments
- Update the App Service resource provider for updating existing deployments