Add the power of cloud to your SAP estate
Reliably run your mission critical SAP and other workloads on a scalable, compliant, and enterprise-proven platform. Get the scalability, flexibility, and cost savings of Azure. With the expanded partnership between Microsoft and SAP, you can run SAP applications across dev/test and production scenarios in Azure—and be fully supported. From SAP NetWeaver to SAP S4/HANA, Linux to Windows, SAP HANA to SQL, we have you covered.
Unparalleled performance for SAP HANA
Support your SAP HANA applications—from S/4HANA to BW on HANA to Suite on HANA—with industry-leading, high-performance SAP certified infrastructure. Run your SAP applications across dev-test and non-production scenarios with on-demand virtual machines on Azure.
Azure Virtual Machines optimized for SAP HANA
- SAP HANA certified virtual machines in the works ranging from 448 GB to 4 TB
- On-demand infrastructure for dev-test, proof of concept, and production scenarios
- Save 40 to 75 percent on dev-test infrastructure using Azure DevTest Labs
- Spin up new infrastructure on-demand in minutes in comparison to taking weeks on-premises
- Take advantage of built-in disaster recovery services, such as Azure Site Recovery
SAP HANA on Azure (Large Instances)
- SAP HANA certified Instances with memory from 768 GB to 20 TB
- Industry-leading performance with high-performance storage and networking
- Use cutting-edge Intel® Xeon® E7-8890 V4 processors
- Inbuilt support for backups, storage snapshots, high availability and disaster recovery, and scale-out configurations
- 99.99% Service Level Agreements (SLA) for high-availability pairs
- Certified for S/4HANA, BW/4HANA, BW on HANA, and Suite on HANA
“Being able to crunch massive amounts of data across dozens of variables requires monstrous processing power, and Azure gives us high-performance virtual machines customized for HANA.”
Harold Groothedded, Technology Solutions Director, Coats
High availability for SAP HANA
Microsoft and SAP have worked together to certify SAP on Microsoft Azure, ensuring performance and reliability.
SAP and Microsoft have had a 20-year long partnership and have jointly served enterprise customers around the world. This collaboration deepens our commitment to our customers.
Effectively immediately, customers can bring their SAP licenses for use in Microsoft Azure. Learn more about running SAP applications on the Microsoft platform.
SAP will provide support for SAP products and services, and Microsoft will provide support for Microsoft products and services, including Microsoft Azure platform services. For customers with Microsoft Premier Support, SAP is able to engage Microsoft on behalf of the customer. Microsoft Premier Support does not offer assistance in the design, architecture, development, or deployment of applications or solutions on Microsoft Azure. For SAP HANA Developer Edition, support is provided through SAP community support.
Customers who have SAP licenses can use them to deploy SAP software in Microsoft Azure.
Customers will consume and pay for the underlying Microsoft Azure services as with any other deployment.
Standard purchase models, pricing and terms will be applicable for those underlying Microsoft Azure services.
For customers who have a volume licensing relationship with Microsoft, please contact your Microsoft account manager to learn more about available opportunities.
View pricing details for SAP HANA certified virtual machines.