Virtual Machine Scale Sets
Apply autoscaling to virtual machines for high availability
- Create hundreds of identical virtual machines—in minutes
- Rapidly scale your big compute and big data applications
- Rely on integrated load balancing and autoscaling
- Deploy virtual machines and updates at scale
- Support Linux or Windows images and extensions
- Run Cassandra, Cloudera, Hadoop, MongoDB, and Mesos
Control it like IaaS, scale it like PaaS
Deploy Virtual Machine Scale Sets using Azure Resource Manager templates—with support for Windows and Linux platform images, as well as custom images and extensions.
Reliably deploy and update at large scale
Confidently deploy hundreds of identical virtual machines in minutes. And with easy updates at scale, focus more on what matters—your application—and less on the infrastructure.
Integrated with Azure Insights Autoscale, Virtual Machine Scale Sets provide true autoscaling. There’s no need to pre-provision virtual machines, so you use only the compute resources your application needs at any time.
Virtual Machine Scale Sets integrate with Azure networking resources such as Azure Load Balancer and Application Gateway. Easily spread workloads across the virtual machines in your Virtual Machine Scale Set, and configure network address translation (NAT) rules to connect to specific virtual machine instances for troubleshooting.