2 min read
The Developer Economics Q4 2018 survey is here in its 16th edition to shed light on the future of the software industry. Every year more than 40,000 developers around the world participate in this survey, so this is a chance to be part of something big, voice your thoughts, and make your contribution to the developer community. This edition introduces questions about ethics, privacy, security, and project management methodologies in software development.
Is this survey for me?
The Developer Economics Q4 2018 survey is for all developers (professionals, hobbyists, and students) engaging in the following software development areas: web, mobile, desktop, backend services, IoT, AR/VR, machine learning and data science, and gaming.
What questions am I likely to be asked?
The survey asks questions related to developer skills, and experiences with dev tools, platforms, frameworks, resources, and more.
- Your background and skills for demographics
- What’s going up and what’s going down in the software industry?
- Are you working on the projects you would like to work on?
- Where do you think development time should be invested?
- Which are your favorite tools and platforms?
Also, keep an eye out for some technology trivia interspersed in the survey. You may learn something new.
What’s in it for me?
Here’s what you get for sharing your mind:
- Everyone who completes the survey is eligible to win one of the following: Samsung S9 Plus, $25 Udemy vouchers, Filco (Ninja Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless NKR Tactile Action Keyboard), Axure RP8 Pro one year license, Samsung 970 EVO 500GB V-NAND M.2 PCI Express Solid State Drive, $200 towards the software subscription of your choice, Oculus Rift and Touch Virtual Reality System, mug with your AI Character on it, T-shirt with your AI Character on it, $100 USD Prepaid Virtual Visa card
- A copy of the State of the Developer Nation 16th edition report with the key findings of the survey (when it's published), so you know how your responses match with other developers
- Access to Developer Benchmarks, showing you Q4 2018 developer trends in your region
For each completed response to the survey, they’ll also donate money to the Raspberry Pi Foundation. Complete the survey and help us support a good cause!
What’s in it for Microsoft?
The Developer Economics Q4 2018 survey is an independent survey from SlashData, an analyst firm in the developer economy that tracks global software developer trends. We’re interested in seeing the report that comes from this survey, and we want to ensure the broadest developer audience participates.
Ready to go?
The survey is open until Sunday, February 3, 2019.
The survey is available in English, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Spanish, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Russian, Japanese, and Korean.